Monday, August 13, 2007

Made it through a week!

Well, I made it through my first week! It was a trying one with lots of challenges but just as many rewards.

As for work, Wednesay, Thursday and Friday were spent mostly in meetings with the pastoral and office staff getting to know people. It sounds a bit dry, but it was honestly a great and casual way to get to know people, hear their "story" and get a handle on how they work best.


at Snoqualmie Falls

Outside of work I tried to do something every day that would help me learn the area. Wednesday I drove around and got lost (the best way to learn an area in my mind). Thursday I visited Snoqualmie Falls just down the road from where I'm staying. It's a beautiful little spot where you can actually hike down to the water (I'll do that another time). Friday I toured a few apartment complexes (expensive and shabby for the money). Saturday I went shopping at an outlet mall (new clothes, yay!). And Sunday was all about church and lunch with the senior pastor, his wife, the business manager and his family.

All in all it was a good weekend and I'm looking forward to a week with my boss in the office, which hopefully means real work to be done. :)

I'm still amazed at the landscape whenever I'm out and about. Would you believe that the outlet mall is nestled between two mountains. What a treat to walk out of a store and see this gigantic green mountain towering over you. And the drive to work on I-90 snaking its way around and between the trees and fog. I never imagined I would be living someplace like this.

Later kids!

Snoqualmie Falls through the grass


No comments: