Thursday, August 23, 2007

Settling in

(Spoiler alert: I don't have any new pictures to share with this blog entry. Sorry!)

Ok, so I don't have any pictures because I haven't taken any shots over the last week, it's because I forgot the cable I need at home. Oy vey! Hopefully you all will forgive me and let me make it up to you next time with lots of photos.

The last week, honestly, hasn't been much different from the rest. I've finally settled into a bit of a routine in terms of my schedule. Up at 5:45 a.m., out the door by 6:50, in the office about 7:10, out the door again at 3:30 p.m. and exploring Issaquah. Thankfully there are a few highlights throughout the week to keep me from going stir crazy.

This past Saturday and Sunday, Doug Chase (the new business manager) and I were introduced to the congregation during all four services at the Issaquah campus. (We also have a West Seattle campus.) This isn't anything out of the ordinary except that now when I walk through the church lobby or am out and about places I get random "hellos" and "oh, you're Pastor Steve's new assistant". It's great, really, because even though I'm still easily the new girl, it doesn't feel like it as much.

Saturday afternoon I also took a drive east on I-90 to explore the Cascade Mountains. Wow! I'm a little ashamed that I don't have pictures to share with you right now because it's absolutely gorgeous, but stay tuned. Snoqualmie Pass is the closest point to cross over the mountains and it's only about 20 minutes away. And like most, if not all, of the mountains around here, there's a hiking trail to the top where I stopped to take a few pictures. Like I said, stay tuned. :)

Sunday afternoon was fantastic! Nothing really exciting, just three movies back-to-back on TV and talking with friends. Can't beat a relaxing day at home.

Speaking of home, I'm finally going to see this apartment that I keep talking about on Monday. I'm 99% positive that I'll be moving in there (the rent, utilities included, is a good deal), but this will put my mind at ease. Plus, I'll be able to start thinking about how to decorate it and what to do with that second bedroom. Yes, two bedrooms!

Let's see, this week is pretty slow. I went to dinner and to get my nails done with a new friend, Marianne, last night. She works here at the church for the youth department so we had plenty to talk about. And tonight I'm having dinner with Rebekah, the wife of the children's pastor. Looking forward to it!

Otherwise, I may head into Seattle on Saturday to explore or take a dance class...or maybe I'll finally try to hike part of Mt. Si. I know, I keep talking about it but haven't done it.

Hope you're all well!

1 comment:

john from Fargo said...

Hello to the new Washington resident..thanks for all the great new postings..i love the pictures..missed them in the last posting..hope you get more comments..